Our camps focus on the care and knowledge of horses while being in an open air environment with other kids that love horses. Our leaders focus on providing a safe environment for your camper while participating in a variety of activities.
Our camps incorporate the following:
- Chores – Feeding horses and measuring grain and supplements while reading a chart to make their meals. Miscellaneous chores and responsibilities necessary to care for our partners.
- Stall cleaning – Learning why it is important to take care of our horse’s stalls to keep them healthy and happy in their rooms.
- Games – Incorporating learning about each other and encouraging group play
- Art – Includes scrapbooking during week long camps to journal what they’ve been learning and pages for their horse friends.
- Grooming – There is something satisfying about grooming a horse and how that is the best time to look for an injuries and to care for them.
- Groundwork – Whatever you do on their back you should do on the ground in order to form a better bond and communication. We discuss clear communication and leadership.
- Riding – We focus on learning the basic foundation of how to ride teaching your body muscle memory and using your natural aids. Our process works on safe and solid skills for a life long love of horses.
- Horse Science and Education.
- All this and much more!
Grooming time can be so much fun with friends!
The campers love the groundwork and doing obstacle courses.
Riding outside is a favorite of the campers.
Even chore time can be fun doing it with friends.
Even Lilly teaches horse science and education time 🙂
Basic riding skills are taught in a safe environment.
What Parents Say
“My kids have been attending camps here for several years. It is a really great program with a lot of heart. The horses are wonderful, well loved, and well cared for. The 4-H kids who help with the camps are so sweet and great with the younger kids. I love that they have camps when school is out, and I’m excited about all the new programs offered (I’ve been dying to do a camp myself!!)”
“There are so many things to recommend about this camp! The students are able to take the time to increase their self-confidence at their own speed. The more they want to do the more they are encouraged to do, they become leaders as they gain more experience. They learn about horse personalities and since these are older rescue horses, they learn their special needs and even the medications they need. Kids are also recognized for their own special needs and encourage to lean teamwork and leadership. We can’t wait to go back!!!”